Thursday, June 7, 2012

We have arrived in Kenya

Sorry for the delay,  as many of you know we arrived in Kenya on Tuesday evening.  All 16 of our checked bags/boxes arrived.  we are having some wireless internet issues,  as in our wifi is not working,  but we do have a wireless modem so I am able to get on the internet .... Whew!  That's a relief.  But my photos I wish to share are on my phone and I can't share them until we have wifi in the house.

SO I had GRAND intentions of posting as soon as we arrived on Tuesday night .... but I was exhausted and fell asleep as soon as the boys were down to sleep.

The boys are SO happy .... mind you it's still new and a great adventure for them,  but the weather here is great .... like home for now .... this morning was beautiful and sunny and the boys were up bright and early ... running outside and playing!  We have 2 dogs,  they are watch dogs,  but pretty friendly and the boys LOVE them,  they have also fallen in love with the dachshund that was standing at the front gate yesterday .... they let him in and now they have fallen for him.  ALL day they run around the yard with the dogs .... we have a nice stream in the back yard and the boys were making dams, racing leaves, branches,  their new ball ..... which slipped through the metal grating so off it went.  the were asleep not long after their heads hit the pillow tonight ... Life is good!

Adoption news,  we went yesterday afternoon to our adoption agency here.  The director was out but we are hoping to have an appointment with her by next week.  We wanted to meet with them to let them know we are HERE, we ARE committed about adopting our 2 children .... so let's get on with it :)
We did meet with someone in the office and she even said .... I thought you would wait  a few days to get rested and settled .... UGH!!  No need for that ... we had arrived less than 24 hours before!
With the many delays we are hoping things will start progressing now. :)

I'm sure I left LOADS out so ask me questions .... Paul needs to get on to try and fix the wireless ....

Blessings :) x



4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear things are going well and that you made it. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you made it there safely...You guys are in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your family (and all of your boxes) arrived in Kenya. Continue to keep us updated on all the details. Is the water running yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is quite an adventure.... So hard for me to believe that even things like streams and dogs are the same as we know them in an exotic place like Kenya....so I'm awaiting photos!

    ReplyDelete